There are Nuances to Small Communities
All public service has ups and downs, but small communities have their own personality, strong characters and politics. And, navigating that landscape is not easy.
It can seem like no matter how many good things you are doing for the community, people find new ways to be negative and rain on your parade. So, what does it take to be successful in a small town?
We can't always change the people making life difficult, but we can learn to front-load our efforts. We can learn to be better communicators. We can learn to recognize the tough characters and have good responses - not emotional ones.
In this course, we will teach you how to be successful in your day-to-day operations. We will help you add tools to your toolbox. But, we will also teach you how to keep the peace and make progress.
Are You Ready to Hit the Road?
Inside the Course You Will Find ...
The Roadmap Course Outline
The course includes video trainings, downloadable worksheets, bonus materials and personalized Q&A. Each module will be available immediately, but we will email you weekly to remind you of that week's topic. Each Friday there will be a live session taught in the private group. The cart closes April 11, 2022, so don't miss your chance to join us.
- WEEK ONE: BUILDING MOMENTUM - Kick apathy to the curb and get your community energized and mobilized. We will learn how to create momentum and get the ball rolling.
- WEEK TWO: SETTING PARAMETERS - Getting everyone clear on the mission and objectives of the organization is key to success.
- WEEK THREE: WHY YOUR POSITION MATTERS - If you aren't the one advocating for the community, who is? We will help you articulate the importance of your job to the citizens as well as board members.
- WEEK FOUR: CELEBRATING SUCCESS - We will help you find those success stories at every level, celebrate them and publicize them in order to continue building momentum.
- WEEK FIVE: PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION & BR&E - Don't get frustrated with the process and quit. We will help you connect the dots, find purpose and keep going.
- WEEK SIX: GATHERING YOUR RESOURCES - The best way to feel empowered is to put tools in your toolbox. Not only will we help you gather your local, regional, and state resources, but we will show you how the people in your community are your best resources.
- WEEK SEVEN: PRIORITIZE - You wear many hats and sometimes it is difficult to know where to focus. We will help you get clear, prioritize and make progress where it counts.
- WEEK EIGHT: OVERCOMING DIFFICULTIES & STAYING POSITIVE - We know what you are going through. We are here with some mindset training to help you stay strong.
- BONUS MATERIALS: There is also a section where we house a variety of other tools that can help you and your organization. We are regularly adding new information here.
- LIVE SESSIONS ON FRIDAYS: These sessions are specifically on dealing with difficult people and situations. They are taught live to give you a chance to interact and ask questions. Replays will be available.
I'm Jimi, Your Rural Economic & Community Development Ally
I have been doing rural economic development for 18 years in Texas. I am passionate about saving and developing small communities.
Every community needs someone driving development. If you aren’t the one doing it, who will? But, rural practitioners are becoming fewer and fewer. Communities are left with no one moving the needle of progress.
That is why I have developed this course. My hope is to build you up, offer some tools for your toolbox and a little mindset training to help overcome some of the tough things we face while serving the public. I hope you will join me in this course.
Easy on the Budget
We know rural budgets are tight, and we created this course with that in mind.
You will get ...
- 8 modules of online training and downloads, ready to go
- Abundant Resources
- New ideas that work in small communities
- A private group to network and collaborate with other economic developers
- Unique training specific to small communities
- Weekly reminders to remind you to log in and take advantage of the course
- Access to The Rural Spark for Q&A
- NEW in 2022 - Live sessions each Friday !
All of this for only $247.
How will I access the program?
Is this course for beginners or more advanced pactioners?
How will the weekly live sessions work?
How long is the course available?
Why is there a deadline?
Do you take other forms of payment?
Will refunds be available?